[Gcares] Fwd: [EmComm-Training] Winlink Thursday Aug 5, 2021 #Announcements #13-2021

Elizabeth KE8FMJ lizklinc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 17:24:18 PDT 2021

This Thursday’s Winlink Exercise.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ETO EmComm Moderator #3 <ET0.EmComm.mod3 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 4:53 PM
Subject: [EmComm-Training] Winlink Thursday Aug 5,2021 #Announcements
#13-2021
To: <main at emcomm-training.groups.io>

The EmComm-Training- Organization’s Group.io site (Emcomm-Training) has
grown to more than 2,050 members. You must be among that group since you
are getting this email from the group. The EmComm Training Organization has
also grown thanks to some very dedicated volunteers developing a Web site (
http://emcomm-training.org/index.html) and a Geographic display of Winlink
Thursday results (https://www.qsl.net/kw4shp/ETO/WinlinkMap.html ). A group
of “Clearing House” stations has developed aligned with FEMA regions ETO-01
to ETO-10 plus ETO-HI for Hawaii, and ETO-DX for stations outside the US.
See https://arc-emcomm-training.org/General-Drill-Info.html

The Winlink Thursday for July 29, 2021 had 498 participants. This was a
Fourth Thursday and we tried a more challenging exercise than beginner
level, and almost 500 operators successfully completed that exercise. This
is a significant number of proficient Winlink Express users across the
country and even about 15 DX stations.

If we have left some behind, we hope this week to go back and pick some up
with a similar exercise to the first ones.
Good luck and enjoy another Winlink Thursday.
_._,_._,_
------------------------------
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#50)
<https://EmComm-Training.groups.io/g/main/message/50> | Reply To Group
<main at EmComm-Training.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BEmComm-Training%5D%20Winlink%20Thursday%20Aug%205%2C2021%20%23Announcements%20%2313-2021>
<ET0.EmComm.mod3 at gmail.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BEmComm-Training%5D%20Winlink%20Thursday%20Aug%205%2C2021%20%23Announcements%20%2313-2021>
| Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/84779101/5657946> | New Topic
<https://EmComm-Training.groups.io/g/main/post>
Mute #announcements