[Gcares] Fwd: [EmComm-Training] Winlink Thursday Aug 19 , 2021 Attaching Files #Announcements #13-2021

Elizabeth KE8FMJ lizklinc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 20:00:09 PDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ETO EmComm Moderator #3 <ET0.EmComm.mod3 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 8:33 PM
Subject: [EmComm-Training] Winlink Thursday Aug 19 ,2021 Attaching Files
#Announcements #13-2021
To: <main at emcomm-training.groups.io>

Just like any other email program, Winlink Express allows for the
attachment of files to your email message. One BIG difference: since we are
sending our messages/attachments over RF, we have a relatively slow
(compared to Internet) connection, and therefore, we need to be mindful of
the file size we are attaching. The Winlink system has established a
maximum message size of 120 KB. We generally want to be well under that
limit. See the attached instructions for reducing file size before
attaching a file to your Winlink message.

Attached to this message is an Excel file for your use with this exercise,
if you don't have an Excel file of your own to use.

Thank you for participating in Winlink Thursdays.
_._,_._,_
------------------------------
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#51)
<https://EmComm-Training.groups.io/g/main/message/51> | Reply To Group
<main at EmComm-Training.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BEmComm-Training%5D%20Winlink%20Thursday%20Aug%2019%20%2C2021%20Attaching%20Files%20%23Announcements%20%2313-2021>
<ET0.EmComm.mod3 at gmail.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BEmComm-Training%5D%20Winlink%20Thursday%20Aug%2019%20%2C2021%20Attaching%20Files%20%23Announcements%20%2313-2021>
| Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/84913739/5657946> | New Topic
<https://EmComm-Training.groups.io/g/main/post>
Mute #announcements