The first meeting of the POTA SIG will be at the BARC clubhouse on Tuesday, May 2nd, at 6:30 PM.
- Audience: Have a HAM license or studying for the exam.
- Hope to have experienced and inexperienced HAMs join the group
- What is POTA (Park on the AIR)? Link
- BARC POTA presentation by Paul Sharp, WS8R: Link
- Eligible Park List: Link
- POTA Hunters: Can work POTA stations from your home, BARC or anywhere you can operate an HF radio.
- POTA Activators: Operate at an eligible park using CW, Digital or SSB
- I hope that experienced POTA/SOTA operators will help present, share their RIG and activation experience. Please contact me if you can present and/or show off your setup and answer questions.
- Homemade Chocolate CHIP cookies will be provided.
Found an interesting quote…
“I love doing POTA – Parks on the Air activations. I love the challenge of making ham radio contacts all over the world and visiting national parks, state parks and other POTA entities while doing it. I have had the chance to see a lot of beautiful scenery in the United States.
The other reason I love doing POTA activations is because I can’t do any ham radio operations from my home. I live in a condo with no way to put up a ham radio HF antenna and there is so much RF noise I can’t hear anyone.”
Scott Green, K7JSG
Let me know if you have any questions.