The next POTA SIG Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 5, at 6:30 pm at the BARC clubhouse.
For photos and results from the Fall Field Day Activation at Buck Creek, click here.
The Bellbrook Amateur Radio Club has organized a Parks on the Air Special Interest Group (POTA SIG). Bob French, AC8ZU, has agreed to be the Coordinator for the group. Information about upcoming meetings and club POTA Events will be listed on the calendar and this page. If you would like to be added to the POTA email list, just send an email to John Westerkamp, W8LRJ.
- Audience: Have a HAM license or studying for the exam.
- Hope to have experienced and inexperienced HAMs join the group
- What is POTA (Park on the AIR)? Link
- BARC POTA presentation by Paul Sharp, WS8R: Link
- Eligible Park List: Link
- POTA Hunters: Can work POTA stations from your home, BARC or anywhere you can operate an HF radio.
- POTA Activators: Operate at an eligible park using CW, Digital or SSB
- I hope that experienced POTA/SOTA operators will help present, share their RIG and activation experience. Please contact me if you can present and/or show off your setup and answer questions.
Found an interesting quote
“I love doing POTA – Parks on the Air activations. I love the challenge of making ham radio contacts all over the world and visiting national parks, state parks and other POTA entities while doing it. I have had the chance to see a lot of beautiful scenery in the United States.
The other reason I love doing POTA activations is because I can’t do any ham radio operations from my home. I live in a condo with no way to put up a ham radio HF antenna and there is so much RF noise I can’t hear anyone.”
Scott Green, K7JSG